Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Too Much Ain't Enough

You said it, Mr. Petty. Though sometimes it's hard to actually write about it all.

Currently I am in an international youth hostel in Flagstaff, AZ hanging out with some funny people from all over. This is an awesome town. I've only been here since this afternoon but I'm getting such a good vibe. I'm going to hang here for part of tomorrow and then head to the Grand Canyon. It's so close I just can't pass it up, now can I?

Before coming out here I went on an AMAZING excursion to Northwest Arkansas with my friend Lauren and her hubby Ryan. We left the Thursday before the 4th and didn't get back until the following Monday. So much happened I will lose feeling my fingers if I typed it all out but highlights include:

-Meeting some random lady while rock climbing in Tulsa and her subsequent offer to let us stay at the house she was watching over for someone she also did not know

-Jumping on the Indiana-Jones-esque bridge at Horshoe Canyon Ranch

-Discovering the coolest tree swing ever while frolfing at the ranch

-Putting on our own fireworks show with only minimal fires resulting

-My first real climbing experience!

-Dropping 30 feet into a "wet" cave and the exploration that ensued

-Being confronted by the police of Eureka Springs while attempting to sleep in car after a night of heavy drinking

-Canoeing with the puppies!

And I probably missed some stuff too but man it was action-packed. Whew.

I just posted the second chapter of my three chapter saga about my solo hiking trip in the Smokies. It's even longer than the first. Good lord. The 3rd chapter is almost done too!

And I just found out that the farm people would now like me to arrive on Monday, July 14th instead of this Saturday the 12th. So that gives me a few extra days to play with. Dare I stop by Vegas on my way to California??? Hmmmm. Maybe.

But in any case, I'll be driving around southern California on my way up north the farm. Where I'm going I haven't figured out yet. I'm starting to feel a bit fatigued being on the go all the time so I'm thinking a few days at the beach would be nice. Yeaaaaahh I think I just hit the nail on the head there.

Hope y'all had an awesome 4th of July weekend!

Keep it copacetic.

1 comment:

Jeff Martin said...

Sounds like you're having a blast...wish I had the resolve to do something like this.

Missing you here at home, pal, but it's an absolute pleasure reading these entries. Bravo.